Wednesday, April 20, 2016
Forty five was a rough turning point in my life. Why ? Because my darn body was becoming a mom body. My then 18 year old daughter said mom your not fat, your just womanly now. Thanks !! My arms were no longer lean and my once flat stomach is now.....well let's just say, not pretty. Growing old, lack of sleep and zero exercise has given me that mom glow. Not the glow of maternity mom, but the dim glow of a light slowly burning out. I could fight it and use my gym membership. Hmmmm. I say no!!! I will instead buy tunics and send texts to my girlfriends saying I'm fat 🐖 and they will reply so am I. Today I drank water, ate yogurt, granola and lean turkey in lettuce. Tomorrow I will walk past cookies and drink water and cry for a Starbucks. Will I loose weight? Probably not!!! Will my face look fabulous? Yes. Why? because it has fat on it and I discovered Gold Bond for the Neck (woohoo) Will my tummy look fabulous? No! Why? because it has fat on it. So the moral of the story is????? im screwed. I'm getting older, my metabolism has changed, I'm more tired now then ever, and who in the hell am I trying to impress? No one
Tuesday, April 5, 2016
Just for you..
Wrap it up and give it with happiness. Baskets can be either highly unique or just down right horrible. As a kid baskets said I went to Hickory Farms for your gift. I would just frown at the assorted cheese and crackers. As I got older baskets where thank you's from corporate companies. The baskets were thoughtless a array of anything that may look fancy to the common eye. Today thanks to Pinterest baskets have grown to meaningful words such as I Love You. My goal for this year is to make special baskets for my girlfriends to say thank you, I love you, and cheers.
bride to be...
Just some ideas and were to buy1. French Ribbon (online)
2. Candles (Anthropologie/discount store)
3. Glasses (antique stores/Thrift store)
4. Champs5. Bath items (Ross, TJ Maxx)
7. Vessel (World Market Place)
8. Shredded Paper (Target)
9. Manicure Items (Rite Aid)
10. Straws (target
Keep it clean
Keep it fresh
Keep it pretty
It doesn't have to be expensive just given from the heart.
Friday, April 1, 2016
I'm now obsessed with Blogger shopping. Yes I've fallen into the trap of looking at clothes and buying them from some cheap over seas company. I've become a shopping slug. I don't want to go to the Mall or visit my favorite consignment store. I want to sit on my cumfy sofa, with a blanket on my lap and scroll through instagram and push like. Like! As in liketoknowit ...... What a lazy world this has become. My latest buy was a blouse from Zaful. I love it with shorts (as shown) for my daughters. As for me, jeans is how I chose to pair it. I wore for the first time to a photoshoot and it was easy to move and work in. It would also be an adorable beach cover up. Just ordered a few things from She-in so we will see how they rate. I'm not looking for amazing quality, I know better, but what I'm looking for is clothing that is cute and trendy for a season.
Wednesday, March 23, 2016
Not sure anymore how to calm my racing heart down. I'm not heart attact bound, I'm just running around with my head cut off 24/7. 3 kids, 1 dog, a boyfriend and 8 employees under me makes me a very crazy woman at times. I strive for perfection in everything I do and that is a blessing and a curse. This week I've decided that I really need to set aside time to recharge and grow.
1. Pray More : I pray everyday but not in a way that calms every ounce of my body. I must look inside and find that spot in my heart that truly lets me talk with God on a deeper level
2. Walk: today was the first day in months that I went outside and took a walk. My boyfriend and I talked about our day, our kids and plans for our future. I actually saw the beauty around me that I take for granted.
3. Drink less coffee-drink more water: Thisis a hard one for me. I drink way to much coffee. It's a very strange thing since I never drank coffee till after my brain tumor. I hated coffee and I loved tea. Well, roles have been reversed. Water is the devil to me. Hence no gall bladder and dehydrated skin. Well I need to start thinking about the mental, as well as cosmetic benefits of good ole H2o
4. Explore life more with a child like intrigue: Today the girls and I drove through Palm Springs in search of Frank Sinatras home. It was sheer joy as we went down streets singing, talking, and laughing in search for old blue eyes Twin Palms home. The pure innocents of discovery and the joy in finding something unexpected, is priceless.
Thursday, March 17, 2016
I really can't believe I'm 46! When did all this happen?
We all age, it happens. Some of us try to fight it with fillers and botox, while others just age and say F#%# It! I'm not sure which woman I am. Have I tried Botox? Yes and it gave me such a headache that I've never tried it again. Fillers no! Why you may ask? I'm too cheap. The hardest part of aging for me is seeing my body change. At 44 my stomach was flat as a pancake, at 46 it's on its was to muffin status. Let's not even talk about the arms, ugh! I have a gym membership that sees my 30 dollars a month long before it sees me. I'm no longer asked if I'm my children's older sister and the grays come in quicker then I can retouch them. I have crinkles around my eyes that my black eyeliner likes to call home. I'm aging and it makes me sad some days and happy other days. My girlfriends are aging with me and we talk about our fat, our premenopausal anxiety, and how we went to the beach everyday together as children